Astoria Dry Cleaning Services (“Astoria”, we or us) take our customer’s privacy seriously and we are committed to complying with the Personal Data Protection Act. We will only collect, record, store, disclose and use your personal information as outlined below, ensuring to keep your data confidential and secure.
If you have any comments, suggestions or complaints, you may contact us by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Collection of Personal Information
When you submit a form, or otherwise provide us with your personal information through the Website, the personal information we collect may include your:
- Contact Number
- Email Address
- Collection and Billing Address
You must only submit to us, or the Website, information which is accurate and not misleading and you must keep it up to date and inform us of changes. We reserve the right to request for documentation to verify the information provided by you.
We will only be able to collect your personal information if you voluntarily submit the information to us. If you choose not to submit your personal information to us or subsequently withdraw your consent to our use of your personal information, we may not be able to provide you with our Services.
If you provide personal information of any third party to us, we assume that you have obtained the required consent from the relevant third party to share and transfer his/her personal information to us.
Use and Disclosure of Personal Information
The personal information we collect from you will be used, or shared with third parties (including related companies, third party service providers, and third party sellers), for some or all of the following purposes:
- To facilitate your use of the Services and/or access to the Website;
- To deliver the items that has been sent in to us;
- To compare information, and verify with third parties in order to ensure that the information is accurate;
- To improve the layout and/or content of the pages of the Website and customise them for users; identify visitors on the Website; carry out research on our users’ demographics and behaviour; provide you with information we think you may find useful or which you have requested from us;
- To send you marketing and/or promotional materials about our services. You can unsubscribe from receiving marketing information at any time by using the unsubscribe function within the electronic marketing material. We may use your contact information to send newsletters from us; and
- In exceptional circumstances, Astoria may be required to disclose personal information, such as when there are grounds to believe that the disclosure is necessary to prevent a threat to life or health, or for law enforcement purposes, or for fulfillment of legal and regulatory requirements and requests.
Astoria may share your personal information with third parties and our affiliates for the abovementioned purposes, specifically, completing a transaction with you, managing our relationship with you, marketing and fulfilling any legal or regulatory requirements and requests as deemed necessary by Astoria. In sharing your personal information with them, we endeavor to ensure that the third parties keep your personal information secure from unauthorised access, collection, use, disclosure, or similar risks and retain your personal information only for as long as they need your personal information to achieve the abovementioned purposes.
In disclosing or transferring your personal information to third parties, Astoria take steps to ensure that the receiving jurisdiction has in place a standard of protection accorded to personal information that is comparable to the protection under or up to the standard of the PDPA.
Astoria does not engage into the business of selling customers’ personal information to third parties.
You acknowledge and agree that Astoria has the right to disclose your personal information to any legal, regulatory, governmental, tax, law enforcement or other authorities or the relevant right owners, if Astoria has reasonable grounds to believe that disclosure of your personal information is necessary for the purpose of meeting any obligations, requirements or arrangements, whether voluntary or mandatory, as a result of cooperating with an order, an investigation and/or a request of any nature by such parties. To the extent permissible by applicable law, you agree not to take any action and/or waive your rights to take any action against Astoria for the disclosure of your personal information in these circumstances.
This Privacy Statement was last updated on 14 January 2016.